Established in 1951, Horiuchi Trading Company Ltd. has been dealing with leathers, specialized in Crocodile, Alligator and Ostrich. When it come to Crocodile leather, we are the largest trader in the domestic market and have a large share in the world market.
We start from buy raw skins, tan and finish them in Japan and deliver finished leathers to customers. Our production process is consistent and strictly controlled with responsibility. The high quality of our finished leathers is appreciated in the world market through high fashion brands.
Our ample stock of skins and a lot of expertise tan and finishing Technique make it possible for us to meet various requirement of customers. We offer not only classic glazing and matte finish, but also Indigo Dye Finish, Nappa Finish and other fancy ways of finishing.
- Registered Company Name
- Horiuchi Trading Co., Ltd.
- Mitsuko Takehara
- HT Bldg., 1-6-13 Misuji Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0055
- Tel. No.
(from overseas +81-3-3865-0966)
- Fax No.
(from overseas +81-3-3865-6644)
- Paid up capital
- JPY 87,250,000.-
- Scope of Business
- Import/Export of reptile/ostrich skins
Import/Export of finished reptile leather
Import of peanuts
- Import skins from
- Papua New Guinea, South Africa, Thailand, Zimbabwe, U.S.A., Australia, Columbia and Venezuela
- Export skins to
- France, Italy and Hong Kong
Brief History of HTC
- Tetsuo Horiuchi established Horiuchi Boeki Shokai, and began to deal with reptile skins and Okinawan brown sugar.
- Incorporated into Horiuchi Trading Co., Ltd. Mr. Tetsuo Horiuchi made the first president of the company. Started importing peanuts.
- Dispatched a staff to Papua New Guinea to be stationed there, and started importing raw crocodile skins.
- Japan joined the "Washington Treaty."
- Mr. Yoichi Takehara assumed the position of the President.
- Made an agent contract with a South African ostrich leather supplier Klein Karoo International Ltd（CAPE KAROO INTERNATIONAL）. and started importing Ostrich leathers and wholesaling.
- Mr. Tadatsugu Tanabe assumed the position of the President.
- Ms. Mitsuko Takehara assumed the position of the President.